Karen holds memberships and accredited by professional associations including:
- Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP) Member
- Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI)
- Registered Professional Planner (RPP)
- Association of Municipal Mangers, Clerks and Treasurers (AMCTO)
- Certified Municipal Officer (CMO)
Karen has over 34 years of experience in both the municipal and private sectors. She has been successful in building relationships with professionals in the planning and related fields as well as municipalities and provincial agencies.
Karen promotes good relations with First Nation communities in her planning practice and recently coordinated an Archaeological Assessment on Lake Temagami that included a member of the Temagami First Nation assisting the Archaeologist with fieldwork and knowledge transfer. In the fall of 2017 Karen participated in an Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI) lunch and learn presentation by the National Aboriginal Land Manager’s Association (NALMA) regarding Community Plans.